ORANGE COUNTY MATH TOURNAMENT
Dear Math Team Coaches/Sponsors and Students,
The mathematics department and math competition team of Orlando Science Charter Schools invite your school to compete at the Orlando Science Charter Schools Orange County Math Tournament (OCMT) to be held on Saturday, May 25, 2013. There will be two levels of competition: 4th grade and 5th grade.
We encouraged all elementary schools to participate, regardless of whether they currently have math teams. In competition math, any topics can and do arise. There are no guidelines or hints about how to do the problem, so it truly is an opportunity to express and develop individual creativity and problem solving skills. However, in order to prepare your students, you may look at the sample questions.
Registration fee is $40 for each team. Registration form must be submitted by email no later than Tuesday, May 14th, 2013. Registration fees must be postmarked by Friday, May 17th, 2013. You may include a copy of the registration form with your check. Please make a check payable to "Orlando Science Schools" and send to: Abdulkerim Akyalcin, Orlando Science Schools, 2427 Lynx Lane Orlando, FL 32804.
We hope you will find this competition a rewarding mathematical experience for your students, and we look forward to your participation at our Invitational on May 25th. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Akyalcin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each school may bring up to 8 students( one team of 4th graders, one team of 5th graders)
- Each team needs an adult sponsor in charge.
- Photo/Video release forms should be filled out by each participant and submitted at the registration desk.
- Lunch will be provided for students and coaches (pizza and drink).
- Students need to bring their own pencils.
- No parents admitted until the countdown round.
- No calculators allowed on any part of the tournament.
- Certificates will be given to each participant.
Orlando Science Charter Schools
Please Click to the links to download the forms.